Friday, May 18, 2012

Musical Orgasm

Quote of the Day: Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. - Maya Angelou

Hello Curvy Divas,

Musical Orgasm: an experience in where one is moved by music to a level of consciousness which is characterized by feelings of ecstasy, omniscience, immortality, and sublime understanding. It does not, however, refer to a sexual thrill, nor is it characterized by emission of seminal fluid. -via Urban Dictionary.

The recent deaths of music legends like Whitney Houston,Etta James, Chuck Brown, and Donna Summers have left a void in my heart. It has resulted in hours of reminiscing. I play their songs over and over and think about what I was doing when I first heard them. Oh the love songs I played thinking of past lovers. (Donna Summers-love to love you baby,Whitney Houston's-I believe in you & me, I will always love you, Etta James-At Last) The heartbreak songs (Etta James- All I could do was cry or I'd rather go blind. Whitney Houston-I learned from the best) The songs that make you get up and Dance (Chuck Brown-bustin loose,Run Joe.  Donna Summers-Last Dance, Bad Girls, She works hard for the money).

The artists mentioned above among others have at one point in time resulted in my experiencing of a musical orgasm. (see definition above)  Musiq soulchild's "So Beautiful "comes to mind. It is something about a song that speaks exactly what you are feeling or the music is so melodic that it carries you outside of your body and lifts you to some alternative universe. Whew!! I'm getting excited. I think we've all experienced it. Its like the first time you hear it, you're like where the fuck has this song been all my life. hahaha But seriously music heals the soul. As a music lover, I enjoy various forms and genres of music. The music you enjoy also tells alot about you. I would love to hear some of your fav songs, ones that have erupted into a musical orgasm for you. ;)  Place your songs on my facebook page or tag me as you post on your timeline.

 Facebook: Sin Namon(psbodybeautiful)
 Twitter: psbodybeautiful 


Email:Sinsation617@gmail.com


These recents deaths are a reminder that each day isnt promised and you never know when your TIME will come. There is a saying I live by, Life is too short to be anything but HAPPY. So do what makes you happy, love the one who lives to make you smile, get freaky sometimes, and travel. Collectively they are a recipe for happiness.  

Untill next week.

Be Strong. Be Confident. Be You.

Sincerely,

Sinnamon

Maxi Dress:Rainbow, white cardigan:Target, belt-Target, necklace:old, clutch-thrifted, red sandals-burlington(old)

Shirt & Belt:Thrifted, Grey Tights-Burlington, sandals-Burlington(old), Earrings-Ebay, Bracelet-Tiffany & Co.(gift)

Up close pic so you can see the ruffle detail on the shirt


Wedding pic, I matched the decor. Dress-burlington, bracelets (old), shoes(payless.com)


4th Diva of the Week: Kajuana Love from Birmingham,AL. Dress-Simply Fashion, Accessories-mizoutlet.com, Sandals-Avenue(in store purchase).
















1 comment:

  1. I love that ~ " Life is too short to be anything but HAPPY"

    Looking great btw :)

    Sam
    lilmissbuttercup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete