Friday, May 25, 2012

Mama say Mama sa MamaKusa

Quote of the Day: By the time a woman realizes her mother was right, she has a daughter who thinks she's wrong!!

Hello Curvy Divas,

A little over a week ago we celebrated Mother's Day. A day to honor our mothers for their love, kindness, and wisdom. Holidays are always bittersweet for me. I can celebrate being blessed with a healthy, happy mother, grandmother, AND great grandmother but my heart always goes out to my close friends who have lost their mothers and grandmothers. Also those who never really had a healthy relationship with their mother. That was one reason I decided to do this post. In addition the fact that MY mother requested since I was doing all this writing, I may as well write about her. lol So I decided to share with you the things I learned up until this point in my life. (some courtesy of my mom and others not so much)

Mama Taught me: always wear clean underwear, dont fall for the okie doke, never depend on a man, get your education, every chance you get do something nice for ya mama, selfishness will not get you into heaven, always wear a slip when you go to church, you dont need makeup, take a break when you need it, dont be afraid to try something new, dont be afraid to get a lil crazy sometimes, call your grandparents because they love hearing from you, and PRAY about every important decision in your life. Granted I've learned so much from my mom, directly and indirectly by simply observing. Then there are things she never covered like love, sex, failure, anxiety, courage, and what being independent really entails.

I remember my first sexual "encounter", it was with a guy I was in "like" with. No we werent dating and he made no promises to become my boyfriend but we messed around anyway because I REALLY liked him. What I learned: Never sacrifice my body or self worth as a means to justify how much I "like" someone. I also remember a time when the boy I was dating because so upset he struck me against the face. I never told anyone. What I learned: When somebody shows you who they are, believe them the first time.

There was another time when I was in a relationship that had run it's course. I wanted to leave but became comfortable. What I learned: There is a time for everything. A time to love, cry, hold on, and a time to let go. I LET GO! The Last Lesson I will share with you comes from Maya Angelo referenced in her book, Letter to My Daughter.
"The ship of my life may or may not be sailing on calm and amiable seas. The Challenging days of my existence may or may not be bright and promising. Stormy or sunny days, glorious or lonely nights, I maintain an attitude of gratitude. If I insist on being pessimistic, there is always tomorrow. Today I am blessed"

So what does one do if your mom never gave you advice or if your mom is no longer here? You learn from life. Life has always been the best teacher. Its funny how life will place people in your path to teach you exactly what you need to know. That is if you are open to learn! That's all for today ladies, enjoy the weekend and acknowledge those mother(s) in your life.

Facebook: Sin Namon(psbodybeautiful)
Twitter:psbodybeautiful
Email: sinsation617@gmail.com


Be Strong. Be Confident. Be You.


Sincerely,

Sinnamon


Purple Dress: Ross($7.99), belt & nude pumps (burlington), leopard bracelet(thrifted). Nail Color:(Kleancolor in Pastel Teal)





Our 5th Diva of the Week is Dionna from the nation's capital(Washington,DC). Beautiful Blue Jumper(Ashley Stewart), Blk Boyfriend Blazer(Avenue), Shoes(barefootess.com) shoes click here , Earrings,watch, & ring (Ashley Stewart), Blk & diamond cuff bracelet (thrifted).

No comments:

Post a Comment