Monday, May 7, 2012

Act Like a Woman, Think like a Man part 2

Quote of the Day: When you know better, you do better.-Oprah

Hello Curvy Divas,

Hopefully you enjoyed your weekend and now you're ready to get back on your grind this Monday. I had the opportunity to see the Cirque de Soleil perform Immortal(a tribute to Michael Jackson) this sunday. Let me just say it was high energy, then sentimental, and ended with a BANG!!! Great show and accurate depiction of his life from childhood up until his death. The OOTN photos below are from the show.

Now on to the topic at hand. After pondering over the characters from the Think Like a Man movie, I realized that I've been several characters throughout my life. In my late teens and early 20s I had the mindset of Megan Good's character. Although I didnt sleep with every guy I met, I did attempt to use my body to attract them. I thought that's what guys wanted and so that's what I flaunted. Around my junior year of college I began to meet a different caliber of men of whom I enjoyed stimulating conversations and dates to musems instead of just the normal dinner and movie. This is when a shift occurred and I began to realize that guys that I attracted physically were not mentally up to par if you know what I mean. They werent dumb, but not the smartest either.

It was also in my mid 20s that I also began a serious relationship and some of my other "traits" began to show. Sometimes as women when we have something good, we want to keep it by any means necessary. I was in a loving relationship and I began as Gabrielle Union's character, the ride or die chick. There was nothing I wouldnt do for my boo. As time progressed I began to neglect my own wishes and desires just so my boo was happy. I began to lose myself in the relationship and forgot about my needs. It was then that I blossomed into Wendy William's character the bitter and bossy woman who attempts to control everything in her relationship. Those traits are ultimately what ended my relationship. It took a lot of soul searching but I've learned from my mistakes in an effort
to not allow them to repeat themselves. Woooosaah!! It's hard to think about it even now as I write this. But we live and we learn.

I would like to personally thank everyone who wrote in and shared your stories and character traits. I was shocked that some people admitted to sleeping with various men for love or just so they wouldnt feel alone. It takes alot of courage to look at yourself honestly and identify those things that need improvement. Admitting you have a problem is the first step, the second is doing something about it. In all things honesty and love will prevail. Be honest with yourself about what you want and need in a relationship. Secondly love yourself first and you wont have to search outside of yourself to find it. See ya later this week with our weekly blog and the new Diva of the Week.

Be Strong. Be Confident. Be You.

Sincerely,

Sinnamon
FB:Sin Namon(ps body beautiful)
Twitter:psbodybeautiful

sheer shirt:lane bryant, neon skirt:Forever 21 plus, Blk Wedges:payless





6 comments: