Friday, July 20, 2012

Failure is part of the process

Quote of the Day: Life didnt end cause I failed, it was enhanced because I didnt give up.


Hello Curvy Divas,

The issue of failure is always a touchy subject. No one wants to be reminded of the goals they never achieved or the ones never attempted due to fear. What about the relationships that didnt work, that dream job you missed because you messed up on the interview. If we think back over our life, I'm sure there a million things you wish you could do over. *raises hand* I know I do. But as I reflect on my 30 + years, I've realized that each failure has taught me something.

Sometimes failure teaches us not to repeat a behavior, to try a new approach, or even reconsider why we are even participating in such an activity. About a year ago, I went through a period where I really hated my job. I mean each day complaining to my partner about what foolishness happened that day. One day I was in a staff meeting and I had an epiphany, why are you doing something that makes you so miserable. So long story short, I quit. Initially it was such a relief because I did not have the everyday stress. Eventually reality set in shortly after, when I was unable to secure a new job immediately and my bills continued to grow. I began to second guess and beat myself up, questioning if I made the right decision.

What I learned:
1. Dont act on emotion (because it will change eventually and you are stuck with the consequences)
2. Have a plan after you make a decision.
3. Things I dont want in a job (now I can pursue an occupation that fits my ideal)
4. Never Allow Fear to keep you from acting. (Fear is the opposite of Faith)
5. Life is too short to be anything but happy!!! (dont allow yourself to get comfortable with being unhappy)

The opportunity to learn and grow is ALWAYS available. Take the time to assess your current situation and how you can improve it. Make a plan and stick with it. Unless it's not working, in which you reassess your methods to reach your goal. It is my desire that whatever your "failure" may be, that you view it as a learning opportunity to motivate change in your life.

Until next time.

Be Strong. Be Confident. Be You.


Sincerely,

Sinnamon
Facebook: Sin namon(psbodybeautiful)
Twitter: psbodybeautiful
Email: sinsation617@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment